Create a new machine¶
Creating a machine allows TLS Protect Cloud to connect directly to keystores where applications keep their certificates. TLS Protect Cloud can then install certificates into application keystores. When the certificates are used by an application, a machine identity is created.
From TLS Protect Cloud, you can manage the entire machine identity lifecycle—from key generation to certificate issuance to TLS server endpoints.
To create a new machine¶
- In the TLS Protect Cloud toolbar, click Installations > Machines.
- Click New.
- Enter a Name for the new machine. This name will help TLS Protect Cloud users to identify this machine.
- Select a VSatellite. If you don't currently have a VSatellite, deploy a VSatellite first, and then return to this page.
- Select an Owning Team. If you need to create a new team see, create a new team.
- Select the Machine type you want to create, and then click Next.