Connecting a Kubernetes cluster¶
Use the Kubernetes connection wizard to connect a Kubernetes cluster to Venafi Control Plane and view information on the cluster and related certificates.
- Access to a Kubernetes cluster that you want to connect to Venafi Control Plane for Kubernetes. This includes the ability to install new components.
- The Kubernetes cluster must be able to connect to Venafi Control Plane.
The Kubernetes cluster that you want to connect is a supported Kubernetes flavor. Supported flavors are:
- AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Red Hat OpenShift
- Self-hosted Kubernetes distributions like vanilla Kubernetes or Rancher
Connectivity is required from the cluster to the relevant Venafi Control Plane endpoints. For more information, see Venafi Kubernetes Agent network requirements.
To connect a Kubernetes cluster¶
- Click Installations > Kubernetes Clusters.
- Click New. The Kubernetes cluster connection wizard appears.
- In the Prerequisites section, click Continue.
- In the Install the CLI section, select the operating system you are using, and then copy the relevant command and run it on your system to download the CLI tool for Venafi Control Plane. Click Continue when you are ready to proceed.
- In the Name a Cluster section, Enter a Name and, optionally, a Description for the cluster. Copy the command that appears in the text area and run it on your system. The command performs the following actions:
- Runs prerequisite checks to ensure that cluster connection completes successfully.
- Creates a new service account on Venafi Control Plane.
- Adds a new cluster resource to Venafi Control Plane.
- Installs the Venafi Kubernetes Agent on the cluster.
- The Venafi Kubernetes Agent successfully reports data to Venafi Control Plane. When the commands are complete, return to Venafi Control Plane and select the The connection command has completed checkbox, then click Continue.
- You see a message indicating that the Kubernetes cluster was successfully connected. Click Finish.